Decipher Biosciences, a subsidiary of Veracyte, Inc., is a dynamic entrepreneurial molecular diagnostics company focused on cancer genomics. Whether in the cloud with big data, or on the phone with patients, our innovators are working hard to deliver usable genomic information into the hands of physicians and patients: information for life.
Our team is constantly learning from each other, from patients and from urologic oncology professionals in world-renowned cancer institutions. Our team works in multi-disciplinary, collaborative project teams that enable us to respond effectively to an evolving, growing, data-driven environment.
Decipher Biosciences is seeking an exceptional Senior Genomic Specialist located in Michigan.
The Senior Genomics Specialist role is responsible for growing and developing the Decipher testing business in a defined geography. This role will call on Urologists and Radiation Oncologists in Academic, Community and LUGPA accounts, leveraging account-specific business plans to define opportunities, and establishing plans to deepen and expand the credibility of Decipher. Successful Senior Genomic Specialists work in close collaboration with Clinical Genomic Liaisons, Market Access, Marketing, Customer Service, and Legal.
The successful candidate will utilize cross-functional support to generate sales through strategic and tactical activities, coordinate appropriate customer support, and follow-through to ensure customer satisfaction and repeat usage of our flagship product Decipher. Ideal candidates will possess a depth of knowledge in the urology and radiation oncology market, and functional knowledge in the clinical/scientific aspects of prostate cancer diagnosis and treatment.
What you are great at doing:
- Effectively building a short/medium/long term sales pipeline and manage the necessary levels of sales leads, prospects and opportunities
- Building a comprehensive knowledge of customers and prospects including the overall market, customer needs, personnel and responsibilities, budgeting, knowing their funding processes and the competition
- Identifying, developing, and maintaining high-value relationships with KOLs, urologist’s, radiation oncologists, LUGPAs, hospitals, and academic centers
- Establishing effective territory strategies which further Decipher’s goals in select targeted key accounts by developing account-specific business plans which prioritize and leverage internal resources
- Demonstrating knowledge of, access to, and the ability to influence all key stakeholders in targeted accounts
- Attending identified relevant national/regional/local education meetings and conferences, maximizing opportunities at these events to deepen and expand the credibility of Decipher
- Delivering compelling sales presentations: close initial business, follow-up and identify repeat business while building a network of referrals
- Satisfying all product and technology training requirements as established by management
- Building a comprehensive knowledge of customers and prospects including the overall market, customer needs, personnel and responsibilities, budgeting
- Coordinating and communicating sales activities and strategies to management while defining resource requirements
- Developing and maintaining all account/contact details within Customer Relationship Management database (SFDC)
- Utilizing sales tracking tools to effectively monitor incoming orders and commercial reimbursement
- Providing regular and accurate sales forecast updates
- Complying with all Federal and State laws, regulations and policies that govern the conduct of Decipher Biosciences activities
What you need to be successful:
- Bachelor’s degree (Science/Marketing preferred; MS/MBA or higher a plus).
- Strong technical background in molecular biology, genomics, urology preferred
- 5+ years of successful sales or account management experience in molecular diagnostics, urology, oncology, biotech, life science or diagnostic sales
What you will bring to the team:
- Cross functional experience in Sales Management, Sales Training, Marketing, etc. is a plus
- Strong attention to detail and managing projects with minimal direct supervision
- Well-developed professional and strategic selling skills with a proven ability to grow key accounts by building and leveraging networks
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, with the goals of bringing the appropriate resources to a specific customer need
- Demonstrated ability to convert qualified leads into closed sales
- Excellent listening, time management, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills; effective matrix communication and leadership skills
- Strategic account management, previous experience in developing & implementing attainable account-specific business plans is required
- Experience with effective utilization of salesforce.com or similar CRM database a plus
- Excited about an early stage company environment that may require greater self-sufficiency
- Experience working within a multi-state region and the ability to travel 50% of the time is a must
Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.